Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Monday, January 17, 2011

One of the biggest shocks ever..........

So, I'm leaving Home Depot one day and a text message comes through (from Facebook, no less) on my phone.  It read, "hello jill its kelli i was just letting you know that you will be a grandmother! I don't know if daniel has got in touch with you or not so i figured i would let you know! im 8 weeks."

Since it was about 98 degrees with ridiculously high humidity I thought I misread it.  So, I read it again..........and again, and again.  They I called my husband, Andy, and read it to him.  We were speechless.  I can't say that I was immediately thrilled.  You see, our oldest son, Daniel, was incarcerated at the time.  NOT TO MENTION, this meant that I was gonna be a mumzie at FORTY-TWO!  :)

The past few months have been a roller coaster.  The job market is slim pickins and neither has been able to find work. But I know that ultimately, this will all work out because I know God has this under control and I truly believe that Daniel and Kelli really do love each other.

I CANNOT wait to snuggle my first grandson, Drake Charlton, when he gets here. And I CANNOT wait to be a mumzie....even if I am 42!

Here are some pics:

Daniel and Kelli, Christmas 2010.


And here is my sweet grandson.  Hoping March seventh gets here SOON!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Jill said...

i love you. you will be the best grammy in the entire world! I'm kinda jealous of drake!! :o)

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger Rosemary Mcknight Fritts said...

Wow, Jill, those are words I don't wanna hear for a loooong time...I just gotta get all my crew OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!!! Congrats...Daniel looks good and a cute girl to boot! Love ya'll!!

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger StevenSauke said...

Can't wait to meet my new great-nephew! Actually, I have yet to meet that nephew. :-)

I'll pray that God will provide for their needs.

 
At 4:34 AM , Blogger Mitchell said...

oh WOW! What a way to find out! So glad Drake is here and bringing happiness to you Jill. Hey, let Andy know I'm not having a 2nd weight loss surgery. It was a no-go with insurance and since then, I've just not found the timing I need for another huge ordeal like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home