Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Yummy Tuesday!

I LOVE to cook.  Good think because it is so expensive for us to eat out.  Hoping to start posting recipes every Tuesday.  Hope you enjoy this one as much as my family does!

Cuban Sloppy Joes
Mojo:
10 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c. water


2 lbs lean ground beef
1/4 c. green olives with pimiento, finely chopped
1 T paprika
2 T worcestershire sauce
1 c. tomato sauce
2-3 T grill seasoning blend (I used McCormick Montreal steak seasoning or the generic equivalent)
rolls, split (I use a whole wheat)
dill pickle slices split lengthwise (not hamburger dills although I'm sure they'd work)


Instructions:
Make the mojo sauce; put the garlic and onion in a food processor with cumin, zest and juice.  Turn processor on and stream in oil and water.  Set to the side.

Begin to brown beef.  Add half the mojo sauce and continue to brown.  When meat is finished, add olives and pimientos, paprika, Worcestershire, tomato sauce and grill seasoning and more of the mojo sauce, to taste (I end up using most of mine).  Bring to a simmer and reduce heat.  Cook on low for 10 minutes.

Serve on rolls with pickle slices.  YUM-O!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM , Blogger Andy Brasfield said...

Trust me people. She knows what she's talking about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home