Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Monday, January 03, 2011

Home again, home again......



Just got back from an amazing weekend with my friend, Jill, and her family in the Smoky Mountains. I had never met Jill irl and had only been communicating with her for about the past couple of months via Facebook and Twitter. (I conveniently left out that detail when telling my mom about the trip. Shoulda seen her face when I told her that!) Anyway, we had been planning to spend the weekend with my husband's family but they couldn't make it so I invited Jill. I thought, "What the heck? If they shoot us in our sleep, at least we'll all die together." I must say, I was shocked when they accepted our invitation.



I suck when it comes to small talk and hate that awkward "what do I say next?" feeling. It was a huge relief when it didn't feel like meeting strangers, but welcoming family. We spent the next four days laughing, eating, crying, eating, sightseeing, buying a Zippo lighter, eating (notice a pattern here?) visiting such well known establishments such as I.R. Cheap, eating, watching rasslin', movies, and the Atlanta Housewives and learning a LOT about Pop Rocks. I was so sad to see them go........

Jill and Shane, I'm ready for you guys to come back TODAY!








4 Comments:

At 7:37 PM , Blogger Jill said...

us too....us too....

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Jill said...

ps. did you want us not to accept your offer?! if that was the case, you should have just said so! hahaha!

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Saying it like Hannah, "Noooooo!" I did want you to....and am SOOOOO glad you did! :)

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger Carmel said...

Love Kaymie's pose on the mountainside ;-)
So glad y'all didn't kill each other in your sleep :-P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home