Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Monday, June 12, 2006

It's been a few days...

Andy has been home installing a chain link fence around our yard. This will keep our dogs away from evil neighbor, Bill (see previous posts about him "showing out" down here). So, I've been busy *supervising* from inside my air conditioned house, of course. :) One thing I ain't...an outdoor lover. I don't like to sweat at all!

Talked to Georgia's bmom the other night. She said she'd talked to the forensics people and they said the autopsy was in the hands of the DA's office. I talked to one of my pastors who used to be the chaplain here in my county and he said that was normal procedure. That the DA, not the Sheriff is the one who orders autopsies and it goes back through them for them to say, "okay, this was SIDS...case closed." My pastor also reminded me (which I knew, but I tend to be a worry wart) that if she'd been physically or sexually abused or overmedicated, they would have already been here to get one of us. It's hard to explain what it feels like waiting for an autopsy to come back. We know that we know that we know that all we EVER did for that baby was to love her and take care of her. BUT, having this looming over us is just not fun. I just want this overwith. I think once we hear from the autopsy, then we'll be able to totally move on. We'll never forget Georgia, and I don't think I'll ever stop grieving for her, but we have other children who still need their mommy and daddy and we gotta march forward. At times, I almost feel guilty for going on...I know that sounds silly, but I don't ever want to feel like I'm betraying her or her memory. Lord, how I love that baby!!!!

On a happier note, Tilley and Riley's baseball team, the Vols, won their tournament Saturday!!! GO VOLS! Now, they will play against the other team who won the previous tournament in the "World Series". It should be interesting.

Here's a few pics of the kids we've taken over the past few days...
Daniel shaved his head!!!

Here's my cousin, Madison, helping Andy and Daniel dig the holes for the fence by adding a little extra weight...


Here's Madison again with Levi...isn't she gorgeous? She's as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home