Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday already...

Happy Wednesday to ya. It's been crazy around here as usual. I had to take my mom to an appointment in Oak Ridge today. Oak Ridge is a strange town, got a weird layout and nothing there makes sense to me. Of course, this city wasn't originally designed to be the busy town it is today, it was created to be a part of the Manhattan Project (think atomic bomb WWII). Oak Ridge is home to the Y-12 National Security Complex where my mama has worked for 30 years! It's interesting have a parent (and later a step-parent was added to the mix) who has a "Q" clearance (one of the highest security clearances in the country). There's no "so what did you do at work today" discussions around the dinner table. Only, "if I told you, I'd have to kill you". She was joking, of course, but she takes her job and the confidentiality that goes with it very seriously. Security got really tight over there after the attack on America 9-11-01. My husband does business with them and when he delivers over there, the guards bring out bomb sniffing dogs...cool, huh? It's been reported in the news around here that Y-12 houses the largest stockpile of enriched uranium in the world. Nice to know that has to be on some idiot terrorist's "Top 3 Places to Attack".

I have to tell you about our excitement last night! Riley hit an over the fence homerun last night!!!! I was tending to Kaymie and looked up and saw the ball go over the fence. Then, I turned and looked and it was Riley heading for first. I was jumping and screaming, and clapping. I went to look for the ball and this older gentleman had found it first and gave it to Riley's coach. They did a presentation to Riley when the game was over. YEA RILEY!!!! Of course, I didn't have my camera, but I'll attach a pic of my sweet boy anyway.

Six hours and twelve minutes til American Idol...I'm such an addict!!!

Now, for your Georgia pic for today. This was taken the first night she was home. She is being held by big brother, Sean...Tucker is on the left, and Riley (when he actually wore his glasses) on the right. We sure do miss our sweet princess!

I can't end this entry without asking you to consider adopting a waiting child. It's not as hard as you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home