Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My daddy turned 80 years old today. When people hear that my daddy is 80, they say, "well, how old is your mom?" How rude! My best girlfriend's parents are both in their 80s...some people have kids later in life. But, for those who must know, he is older than my mom by a little more than 20 years.

Anyway, I called him yesterday and told him that I'd fix lunch for him today after church. I put some cube steak in the crock pot last night. I added lots of onions, garlic, bell pepper, and tomatoes. It was YUMMY! I also fixed him a red velvet cake. He ate til I thought he would pop!

Here's some pics...
Papaw and the grandkids


My daddy and me...


My daddy and Mason


Riley enjoying the birthday cake



Tucker



Madie


Levi


The birthday boy blowing out the candles...



And finally, here's a video of my daddy...


One more video clip...I think Levi enjoyed the cake almost as much as my daddy did!

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! My stepfather turned 85 on Sat. my mom would have been 62 this year, 23 years apart, I would get the same response from people.

Kim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home