Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Back from the meeting...


Well, I'm home from my meeting in Morristown today. It was nice. DCS in TN is applying to be accredited. There are only 7 other states in the US that are accredited (one of them being KY which is where our current commissioner worked before coming to TN). It's a big deal and a very L-O-N-G process. I did find out that I was only 1 of three foster parents from this part of TN that was invited. The coolest part was meeting commissioner Dr. Viola Miller (pictured) was there...she was the speaker. I've been a foster/adoptive parent for 13 years and have never met the commissioner (for the record, she's only been on the job 2 years)! She is such a neat lady and is quite entertaining. She is also very involved and will respond to an email, generally, in just a few minutes! I've been to lots of these DCS training things and they are usually boring, but she kept it interesting...not to mention they served a great lunch!


Asher's preschool sent home an interesting questionnaire for Mother's Day. It's questions they asked him. Here they are, my responses are in italic...
*What is your mom's name? Kasey (Kasey? I thought my name was Jill!)
*What does she do? kiss me (awwww!)
*How old is she? 16 (now THAT'S a boy after my heart!)
*What does Daddy call Mom? honey (true...but it's usually "baby" )
*What is her favorite color? pink
*What is her favorite food? carrots (WHAT??? )
*What is her favorite restaurant? McDonald's (only if I'm starving! )
*Where does she like to take you for fun? the grocery story ( oh yea, now THAT'S fun!)
*What is her favorite movie? "The Incredibles" (never seen it!)
*What message do you want to tell her for Mother's day? "I love you!" (gosh I love that kid! )


My sweet Georgia died 9 weeks ago today. It has been the hardest 9 weeks of my life. To describe the hurt and void I feel would be impossible. I'm posting the last pic ever taken of her. It's not a great picture, but it's the last one. She was laying on my lap and Tilley put a little tiara on her. Sean grabbed the camera and took a picture...I'm so glad he did! I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SWEET GEORGIA ROSE!!!!!

Have you considered adopting a waiting child lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home