Lovin' my kids!

My life as head of the Looney Bin!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2 today!


My sweet, Levi, turns 2 today. It's so hard to believe!!! He's such a sweet boy, always eager to give love, hugs, and kisses. You can ask him, "Levi, what does the train say?" And he will reply, "toot, toot, toot". Oh, how I love that boy!

Also, five months ago today, we brought home our sweet Georgia Rose. Almost 9 weeks later and I still find it hard to believe that she's gone...I miss her so much. For those of you who don't know, on March 10, we put Georgia down for her evening nap (around 6:30) and she never woke up. The authorities think it was SIDS, but we're still not sure since the autopsy isn't back yet. She was such a precious little girl. Andy and I often talk about how much we loved her and how quickly it happened. Was it because we had thought that she was going to be a very sick baby when she was born and we had prayed so hard and had so many others praying? Was it because the Lord knew her time was short and He some how endeared her to us in such a special way? Was it because we were older and just enjoyed her more? Or maybe it was because we'd waited so long for a brand new baby girl? I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of is that we loved her completely and without reservation. We didn't hold back one bit because she was a "foster to adopt" placement. I also know that God's ways are ALWAYS perfect and that He knows best. Georgia will never know pain or sickness or heartache. She'll only know love, joy, peace and happiness in the presence of our Lord!

I love this picture of her. She was sitting in her exersaucer while I fixed supper. Levi was always fascinated with her headbands, and that day had grabbed it, pulled it W-A-Y out, and let go. Needless to say, she was NOT happy baby girl that day!


I took my mom back to the doctor today. She had a rupture in her rotator cuff and had it repaired last Tuesday. The doctor said she's doing well and to keep up the therapy. She has been in a tremendous amount of pain and I've felt so badly for her.

Got an interesting phone call yesterday. I am among a select group of foster/adopt parents who have been invited to participate in a meeting with the commissioner, Viola Miller, on Friday. Not sure what it's all about, but I'm excited!!!

Have YOU ever considered adopting a waiting child??

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Blogger Away2me said...

Happy Birthday to Levi.

Georgia always remains in my thoughts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home